Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not August

When I read about the theme of this month's photo contest challenge over at Gardening Gone Wild (photos taken from 'down on your knees')-- this is the photo that came to mind-- 'cuz I know I was down on my belly when I took this one. In a rainier,mossier season.
Click on over here to view all the entries so far!
(and click on the image to enlarge for full effect!)

P.S. Thanks for your comments thus far... I know I was inspired to look closer (& take this pic) by flickr photographers like this, this, and this.

5 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Raji said...

wow..amazing.they look like crystals..beautiful

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Julia Erickson said...

That's really neat.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger joco said...

I say......
Usually raindrops on things don't interest me, but this is fantastic.
Like some outlandish work of art.
And the rosy brickwork behind compliments it beautifully.

You've got a winning picture there. I would be disappointed if this doesn't win.

Isn't it amazing what we walk past without realizing the beauty beneath our feet.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Great shot! Moss is so interesting when you get down and take a close look at it.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jan said...

OK, you expect your mom to say it ought to win some prize. I didn't know there WAS one, and maybe there ISN'T; but Joco brings up such a possibility, one I'd planned to say loosely.
I especially loved enlarging this one when the rocks just become a smeary peachy color background.
By the way, I do think the quail in the previous post DOES enjoy the sunset!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts