Saturday, November 17, 2007

November Bloomday

(I don't know about you, but blogger photo uploading sure has been-- moody lately. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. Multiple uploading now seems near impossible. I often get bored and just walk away. sooo...)
A small sampling of current blooming.
1) ceanothus.
a native shrub. This one seems a little confused-- usually a spring bloomer.

2) an odd salvia-- so odd I couldn't resist it, at 'Hummingbird Hill' during the recent Farmtrails day.
salvia involucrata






3) most of my roses have some buds or blooms on them.
As I've mentioned before, this rose 'Diseneyland'-- definitely a top performer amongst my no-fuss roses.

4) Nicotiania. Simple & cheerful. In that cottage garden-y way.

5) Nasturtiums. We had them in a whole rainbow of warm colors this year. Soon they'll disappear with the frosts, and we'll miss them!

See all the blooms-days by following comment links at May Dreams Gardens.

5 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

You definitely have a wide variety of color in your garden now. It is very summery looking, especially for gardeners like me who are looking out at a landscape that is rapidly changing to browns, russets, reds and tans.

Thanks for joining in for bloom day and bringing us a little, I mean, a lot of color.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Meems said...

hi LisaBee: i enjoyed perusing your colorful blooms. the salvia is quite unique and the hue is my kind of vibrant. you have a lovely garden.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Shirley said...

Hi again, Lisa :-)

What beautiful colours of flowers! Most of my flowers are gone now with just a few hanging on in there :-D

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger LisaBee said...

thanks Carol, Meems & Shirl!

Yes, we'll have something blooming here through all the winter-- it feels almost like 'cheating' to live in California on BloomDay. (but then there's Florida. and Australia. and... )

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

Beautiful, Lisa. I too have 'Disneyland' and love it to death. It just blooms and blooms and blooms in such luscious colors, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts