Thursday, April 26, 2007

"Bee Lover"

Another new iris bloomed for the first time today, and if the handwritten tag is correct, it's called "Bee Lover."
What I'm trying to show with these photos, is that it looks like silk... edged with gold. Metallic gold. We once talked to an iris hybridizer at a farmer's market who was trying to explain to us what causes this effect...

I believe that guy may have been from "My Wild Iris Rows", an iris farm on the east edge of Santa Rosa. It's near to the route we take to visit sister Karen in Calistoga, and we always go out of our way to drive by it, though we haveNEVER been there while they were open. I think this may be the year.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

That is so beautiful -- I've never seen that effect on an Iris before. I'll look for "Bee Lover" now. You're so fortunate to have blooms in your gardens! Here in Michigan, our Irises (and everything else) are just leafing. Nothing is blooming but dafs and tulips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts