Wednesday, February 07, 2007

rain, glorious rain

I can't really remember the last time I've been so happy to see rain!
Dire predictions were being made, driest January ever (practically); drought, etc. Plus the one-two punch of that dry-ness with all the freezes on the plant-life.
Now, wet grey-ness. yahoo!
There was also a time when I didn't appreciate camellias. Or the color pink.
Yet our yard came with 5 well-established camellia bushes, in 5 different colors, from white to red, and anything that wants to bloom away through January & February is welcome here. This one pink bush is right outside the office window, and I really appreciate looking out on it!
(The truth is, camellias do really well in this climate, and I even planted one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Go to older posts